RADIO SM ONLINE

JESUS ON THE RADIO
SALT LAKE CITY (KUTV) — A young boy has died after he was burned while playing with matches.

Salt Lake City Police Department said it appears to be a tragic accident.  Captain Tony Stow from the Salt Lake City Fire Department said two boys around 8 or 9 years old were behind a home at 568 S. Navajo Street Saturday around 6:30 p.m.

One of the boys got gas on himself, and when a match was lit, the gas caught fire. Stow said the boy burned most of his clothes off.

Neighbors saw the flames and were able to wrap the boy in a blanket to put out the fire.

The children, as I understand it, were alone in the alley,” said Lt. Steve Woolridge with the Salt Lake City Police Department. “We don’t know if there were other people involved, but none of the responsible adults were there.”

Emergency medical crews responded to the scene and transported the boy to Primary Children’s Hospital where he died from his injuries.

The other boy was not injured.

There was some minor damage to a vinyl fence reports have said.

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.