Akufo-Addo is number 1, Mahama number 2 on 2020 ballot paper
The New Patriotic Party’s (NPP) presidential candidate, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo would be placed on the number one spot on the ballot paper in the 2020 presidential election scheduled for December 7.
He is to be followed by former President John Dramani Mahama, the presidential candidate of the biggest opposition party, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) on the number two spot.
This was the outcome of the balloting which was conducted by the Electoral Commission (EC) on Tuesday evening (October 20, 2020).
Apart from Madam Akua Donkor of the Ghana Freedom Party (GFP) who represented herself and picked the number five position, all the other candidates were represented at the balloting.
Of the 12 qualified candidates, 11 are sponsored by political parties, while one is an independent candidate.
The independent candidate, per the EC’s convention did not take part in the balloting and was automatically placed on the bottom of the ballot paper.
Below is a list of how the candidates would be placed on the ballot paper
- NPP – Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of the New Patriotic Party
- NDC – John Dramani Mahama of the National Democratic Congress
- GUM – Christian Kwabena Andrews of the Ghana Union Movement
- CPP – Ivor Kobina Greenstreet of the Convention People’s Party
- GFP – Madam Akua Donkor of the Ghana Freedom Party
- GCPP – Henry Herbert Lartey of the Great Consolidated Popular Party
- APC – Hassan Ayariga of the All People’s Congress
- LPG – Kofi Akpaloo of the Liberal Party of Ghana
- PNC – David Apasera of the People’s National Convention
- PPP – Brigitte Dzogbenuku of the Progressive People’s Party
- NDP – Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings of the National Democratic Party
- Independent candidate – Asiedu Walker